A peanut butter cookie that will leave you wanting to come back for more, made with only 5 ingredients and leaving you guilt-free.
Peanut butter is my favourite food group. Yes, I said, food group! All jokes aside I love peanut butter. I eat it by the spoonfuls. #secretindulgence
Where are all my peanut butter lovers at?
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
I love a freshly baked peanut butter cookie that’s soft but chewy, with my afternoon coffee. If you are new here, then I must share, I love something sweet with my afternoon coffee. I try and make most of my recipes as “clean” as possible. When I say clean, I mean healthier ingredients.
This recipe doesn’t take much time to put together and bonus, you don’t dirt up very many dishes in getting these made. I wanted this recipe to be one that I keep coming back to. I added flour to this recipe to give the cookies more “fluff”.
For this recipe, I went with whole wheat flour, and I used coconut sugar. If you wanted to add some extra sweetness to these cookies, you could also add some dark chocolate chips. If you didn’t want to add chocolate chips, you could always add in some chopped peanuts.
PS. If you are looking for some other yummy treat recipes be sure to check these out:
- Banana Berry Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Sweet Apple Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 Egg, large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract, pure
- 1/2 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Peanut butter, creamy
- Optional: 1/2-3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in your peanut butter, followed by your flour.
- Mix in your peanut butter, until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie spoon, spoon 8-10 cookies onto parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool for another 5-10 minutes before serving.