Greek Yogurt Vegetable Dip
A Greek yogurt vegetable dip that is healthy and high in protein, easy to make and loved by all! Add this one to your list of dips to make.
Snacking on raw veggies is something I enjoy, but I don’t like just plain veggies. I always need to dip them in something. I often use peanut butter, especially for carrots and celery, and of course hummus!
Most often though, I need to pair some protein with my snack and what could be better than Greek Yogurt! I gathered some spices I had in my pantry and put together this tasty, high protein and healthy Greek yogurt vegetable dip!
If there is one food group I struggle with is protein. When I prep I always start with protein because it’s what I eat the most of, but also struggle to get in. With every meal or snack that I prep or plan for, it includes protein.
I like to have Greek yogurt on hand because it can be used for many things, such as dips, yogurt and berry parfait, overnight oats and more! When I don’t always have enough protein prepped I turn to Greek Yogurt to back me up!
WHAT CAN I MAKE WITH PLAIN GREEK YOGURT
Ideas on ways to use plain Greek yogurt for dips, dressings and more.
If this is your first time here, here is my quote and motto on food, “get creative with your food”. Try things wouldn’t normally try, pair things with things that you think wouldn’t work… try NEW foods and recipes.
Here are some creative ways to use Greek yogurt:
- Substitute it in a recipe: I actually use Greek yogurt in place of ingredients like butter in my muffins by adding a little oil to help keep them moist. If you are looking for a yummy muffin to try, here is my Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin recipe.
- Make a dip: You can combine things like peanut butter with some Greek yogurt for a yummy fruit dip. Two simple ingredients to make a healthy fruit dip.
- Use it as a salad dressing: In place of things like mayo, and sour cream you can use Greek yogurt. I also made a guacamole recipe using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
There are a number of ways to use Greek yogurt, in pretty much anything if you are looking for a healthy substitute that is high in protein.
WHAT IS THE HEALTHIEST DIP
Healthy dip options.
Honestly, I personally think that the healthiest dip is one that you make. Providing you are using “healthier” ingredients. Some great dips include hummus and tzatziki to name a few. These dips go great with vegetables, pita bread or crackers.
ABOUT THIS GREEK YOGURT VEGETABLE DIP
If you’ve read other posts on here, I am all about time-saving recipes. Recipes that don’t require much prep or cook time. As much as I love my kitchen, I don’t like to be in there all day.
This dip only has 4 ingredients. You are probably thinking about how I flavoured this using only 4 ingredients.
Tip: Have spices like Mrs. Dash on hand. Mrs. Dash adds great flavour to a lot of things, because it typically contains more than one spice, making their spices a blend. Like, herb and garlic. This is the seasoning I used in this Greek yogurt vegetable dip.
Greek Yogurt Vegetable Dip
A Greek yogurt vegetable dip that is healthy and high in protein, easy to make, and loved by all! Add this one to your list of dips to make.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Dill weed
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Mrs. dash herb & garlic seasoning
- 2 Pinches of Sea salt
- Lemon wedge, juice only
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Chill for 30 minutes - 2 hours and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 31Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
* this is an estimate *